“Working and learning together to improve children’s lives”
CPD AND SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT PROVIDED FOR YCAT SCHOOLS
Our specialist primary schools’ MAT focuses on ensuring the savings made by schools joining together in YCAT are used to improve provision for all children across our schools. This is achieved by bespoke school-to-school support from our team of national leaders in education and specialist leaders in education and consultants who are experienced OFSTED inspectors and our extensive range of school based CPD.
We use a “Questioning Approach Model “ to our training and support and this is a key driver in developing a self-improving school.
The staff in YCAT schools are planning next year’s CPD programme and our joint training day on April 11th 2016 provided invaluable feedback from staff across our schools about their training needs going forward.
Our existing CPD programme includes:
- A personalised NQT programme that provides coaching and support to new teachers to enable them to develop their best practice.
- Mastery maths- establishing key principles.
- Teaching assistants developing effective questioning skills.
- Using assessment in the new national curriculum to maximise your impact on pupils’ learning.
- Middle and subject leaders – ensuring you have an impact on school improvement.
- Using lesson studies to raise groups of pupils’ achievement.
- Early Years Practice Reviews.
- Governors’ training- supporting and holding your leaders to account.
- Admin/Business Managers network
- Subject leaders network.
- Middle leaders network.
- Teaching assistant network.
- Teachers’ year groups network.
School Improvement Leadership Group (SILG)
Our School Improvement Leadership Group consists of the headteacher from each school and one member from the senior leadership team from each school.
This group ensures the principles, values and systems of the MAT effectively support sustained improvement in all our schools.
Collaborative practice is promoted and training planned to meet all of our schools’ needs.
There is a formal centrally located half termly meeting for SILG, trustees and governors with additional focused visits and training to respond to individual school needs.
SILG is the school improvement driver in YCAT that promotes best practice in our schools ensuring all of our pupils are achieving their true potential.
We provide an extensive range of specialist primary school to school support. Please use the link below.