“Working and learning together to improve children’s lives”
“The Yorkshire Collaborative Academy Trust (YCAT) is a multi-academy trust specialising in primary education.”
- Our partnership works with both converter and sponsored academies.
- School Improvement decisions will be taken by the academy headteachers with their Local Governing Body.
- Schools will be encouraged to retain their unique characteristics and use their autonomy to further develop their values and ethos so that they continue to establish strong links with their local community.
- Challenge and support will be provided for each individual school by the Trustees and the School Improvement Leadership Group (SILG) to enable schools to take ownership for their own learning journey.
- YCAT is responsible for all schools’ performance and annual reviews are undertaken and reported to the Trustees. The Trustees hold individual schools to account and bespoke support packages are provided to schools when required through the expertise provided by the School Improvement Leadership Group (SILG), teachers across our trust and key partnerships.
Our support to schools particularly focuses on:
- Ensuring schools provide a well-designed curriculum that is carefully linked to effective teaching, learning and assessment that has impact on improving outcomes for all groups of pupils.
- Evaluating the impact of leadership on teaching and achievement
- True collaborative learning that is evidence based.
- Valuing all our staff by providing CPD that effectively meets their professional needs and promotes the importance of their work-life balance.
- Encouraging leaders to explore ways to share best practice across our multi-academy trust.
We provide challenge and support to our schools by our strong partnerships with:
- HARROGATE AND RURAL TEACHING SCHOOL ALLIANCE (HART)
- HART OF YORKSHIRE TEACHER TRAINING SCITT
- CARNEGIE LEARNING PARTNERSHIP
- NORTHUMBRIA UNIVERSITY